News stories about Citizens (NYSE:CIA) have trended somewhat positive recently, Accern Sentiment reports. The research firm scores the sentiment of media coverage by analyzing more than twenty million news and blog sources. Accern ranks coverage of publicly-traded companies on a scale of negative one to positive one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. Citizens earned a media sentiment score of 0.19 on Accern’s scale. Accern also assigned press coverage about the insurance provider an impact score of 45.4158456250283 out of 100, meaning that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the company’s share price in the near term.
These are some of the news stories that may have impacted Accern Sentiment Analysis’s scoring:
- Drug Maker Aegerion Agrees to Plead Guilty; Will Pay More Than $35 Million to Resolve Criminal Charges and Civil False Claims Allegations (insurancenewsnet.com)
- ETFs with exposure to Citizens, Inc. : September 22, 2017 (finance.yahoo.com)
- Founding CEO of Austin public company remembered as inspiring leader, selfless philanthropist (finance.yahoo.com)
- Citizens, Inc. :CIA-US: Earnings Analysis: Q2, 2017 By the Numbers : September 21, 2017 (finance.yahoo.com)
- Citizens, Inc. Announces The Passing Of Its Founder Harold E. Riley, Former Chairman And CEO (finance.yahoo.com)
Separately, BidaskClub upgraded shares of Citizens from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating in a report on Sunday, July 16th.
Shares of Citizens (CIA) traded down 3.40% on Friday, hitting $7.67. 73,837 shares of the stock traded hands. The stock has a market cap of $384.12 million, a price-to-earnings ratio of 69.73 and a beta of 1.14. The company’s 50 day moving average is $7.76 and its 200 day moving average is $7.18. Citizens has a one year low of $5.86 and a one year high of $11.93.
ILLEGAL ACTIVITY WARNING: This report was reported by The Ledger Gazette and is the sole property of of The Ledger Gazette. If you are viewing this report on another site, it was stolen and republished in violation of US & international copyright and trademark legislation. The correct version of this report can be accessed at https://ledgergazette.com/2017/09/24/citizens-cia-earning-somewhat-favorable-media-coverage-report-shows.html.
Citizens Company Profile
Citizens, Inc is an insurance holding company. The Company operates in three business segments: Life Insurance, Home Service and Other Non-Insurance Enterprises. The Life Insurance segment issues ordinary whole life insurance in the United States and in the United States Dollar-denominated amounts to foreign residents.
Receive News & Ratings for Citizens Inc. Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Citizens Inc. and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.