Media coverage about AOL (NYSE:AOL) has been trending somewhat negative recently, according to Accern Sentiment. Accern identifies negative and positive press coverage by analyzing more than 20 million blog and news sources. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores closest to one being the most favorable. AOL earned a coverage optimism score of -0.08 on Accern’s scale. Accern also assigned media stories about the technology company an impact score of 40.0077160415503 out of 100, indicating that recent press coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the company’s share price in the near future.
These are some of the media stories that may have effected Accern Sentiment Analysis’s scoring:
- AOL Instant Messenger to Sign Off — 2nd Update (ih.advfn.com)
- Bombardier Buckled With 300 Percent US Duties – Presented by: The Aol. On Network (nasdaq.com)
- In the end of an internet era, AOL’s pioneering Instant Messenger will go offline Dec. 15 (siliconangle.com)
- AOL Instant Messenger to Sign Off — 3rd Update (ih.advfn.com)
- Google’s new smart speakers take aim at Amazon’s dominance, pressures Apple ahead of HomePod launch (macdailynews.com)
TRADEMARK VIOLATION NOTICE: This article was first posted by The Ledger Gazette and is the property of of The Ledger Gazette. If you are accessing this article on another site, it was illegally copied and reposted in violation of United States and international copyright legislation. The legal version of this article can be read at https://ledgergazette.com/2017/10/08/somewhat-negative-news-coverage-somewhat-unlikely-to-impact-aol-aol-stock-price.html.
AOL Company Profile
AOL Inc (AOL) is a global media and technology company with a worldwide audience and a suite of digital brands, products and services that it offers to consumers, advertisers, publishers and subscribers. The Company has three reportable segments: The Brand Group, The Membership Group and AOL Platforms.
Receive News & Ratings for AOL Inc. Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for AOL Inc. and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.