News headlines about Anavex Life Sciences Corp. (NASDAQ:AVXL) have been trending somewhat positive this week, Accern Sentiment reports. The research group identifies negative and positive media coverage by analyzing more than 20 million news and blog sources in real-time. Accern ranks coverage of public companies on a scale of negative one to one, with scores nearest to one being the most favorable. Anavex Life Sciences Corp. earned a news impact score of 0.23 on Accern’s scale. Accern also gave news stories about the biotechnology company an impact score of 45.4470403099768 out of 100, indicating that recent media coverage is somewhat unlikely to have an effect on the stock’s share price in the near term.
These are some of the headlines that may have impacted Accern Sentiment’s scoring:
- Windtree Therapeutics (WINT) vs. Anavex Life Sciences Corp. (AVXL) Head-To-Head Survey (americanbankingnews.com)
- Anavex Life Sciences Corp. (AVXL) Given Consensus Recommendation of “Strong Buy” by Brokerages (americanbankingnews.com)
- Be unsteadying Stocks: Anavex Life Sciences Corp., (NASDAQ: AVXL), Healthcare Realty Trust Incorporated, (NYSE … – Stocks In The News (press release) (tradingnewsnow.com)
- Alzheimer’s Disease: Anavex 2-73 And The Long Road Home … – Seeking Alpha (seekingalpha.com)
- Anavex Life Sciences to Present at the 5th Annual Mental Health Parity Addiction Equity Act Business Roundtable in … – GlobeNewswire (press release) (globenewswire.com)
Several equities research analysts recently commented on AVXL shares. Maxim Group reiterated a “buy” rating and issued a $15.00 price target on shares of Anavex Life Sciences Corp. in a report on Thursday, July 20th. ValuEngine upgraded Anavex Life Sciences Corp. from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating in a report on Thursday, August 3rd. Noble Financial restated a “buy” rating on shares of Anavex Life Sciences Corp. in a report on Wednesday, August 9th. Finally, Zacks Investment Research upgraded Anavex Life Sciences Corp. from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating and set a $3.75 target price on the stock in a report on Thursday, August 10th.
Anavex Life Sciences Corp. (NASDAQ:AVXL) traded down $0.05 during trading hours on Wednesday, reaching $3.98. The company’s stock had a trading volume of 158,600 shares, compared to its average volume of 415,305. Anavex Life Sciences Corp. has a twelve month low of $3.11 and a twelve month high of $6.64.
Anavex Life Sciences Corp. Company Profile
Anavex Life Sciences Corp., is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of drug candidates. The Company’s lead compounds include ANAVEX 2-73, ANAVEX PLUS, a combination of ANAVEX 2-73 with donepezil (Aricept), ANAVEX 19-144, ANAVEX 1-41, ANAVEX 7-1037, ANAVEX 3-71, ANAVEX 1079, ANAVEX 1519 and ANAVEX 1066 being developed to treat Alzheimer’s disease and other central nervous system (CNS) diseases.
Receive News & Ratings for Anavex Life Sciences Corp. Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Anavex Life Sciences Corp. and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.