Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) traded 2.7% lower against the dollar during the 1-day period ending at 0:00 AM E.T. on February 19th. One Ethereum Classic coin can now be bought for about $19.98 or 0.00219222 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including DSX, Quoine, BX Thailand and BTCTurk. Ethereum Classic has a total market cap of $2.01 billion and $173.47 million worth of Ethereum Classic was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. In the last seven days, Ethereum Classic has traded down 19.1% against the dollar.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 1.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $9,162.19 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded down 1.6% against the dollar and now trades at $691.87 or 0.07590110 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 2.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1,039.55 or 0.11404200 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded down 1.9% against the dollar and now trades at $175.27 or 0.01922830 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 4.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $247.92 or 0.02719800 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded up 32.3% against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Nano (NANO) traded up 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $10.71 or 0.00117504 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded down 1.2% against the dollar and now trades at $78.78 or 0.00864197 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded down 4.2% against the dollar and now trades at $284.30 or 0.03118890 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded up 3.8% against the dollar and now trades at $2.61 or 0.00028687 BTC.
Ethereum Classic Profile
ETC is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Ethash hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was July 30th, 2015. Ethereum Classic’s total supply is 100,489,988 coins. Ethereum Classic’s official Twitter account is @eth_classic and its Facebook page is accessible here. Ethereum Classic’s official website is www.ethereum.org. Ethereum Classic’s official message board is forum.ethereum.org. The Reddit community for Ethereum Classic is /r/EthereumClassic and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum Classic is an attempt at keeping the Ethereum blockchain unaltered by the part of the community that opposed the hard fork and the return of The DAO funds. It started trading on Poloniex and is getting more and more traction. The Ethereum Classic mission statement is: “We believe in decentralized, censorship-resistant, permissionless blockchains. We believe in the original vision of Ethereum as a world computer you can’t shut down, running irreversible smart contracts. We believe in a strong separation of concerns, where system forks are only possible in order to correct actual platform bugs, not to bail out failed contracts and special interests. We believe in censorship-resistant platform that can be actually trusted – by anyone.” Our block explorer data: total coins supply, total network hash rate, last block number and total difficulty are freely provided by https://gastracker.io/ In 2017, the Die Hard fork was implemented in ETC, removing the Ethereum difficulty bomb. Currently, there are no plans to move to Proof of Stake like Ethereum, although developers at the IOHK institute are developing a new PoS protocol for Ethereum Classic.”
Buying and Selling Ethereum Classic
Ethereum Classic can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Koineks, BitGrail, Livecoin, Exmo, CEX.IO, Qryptos, Mercatox, Liqui, Cryptopia, Bithumb, YoBit, EXX, Bitfinex, OKEx, Poloniex, Independent Reserve, Bibox, Lbank, Korbit, GDAX, Coinbene, ZB.COM, Gate.io, ACX, CoinExchange, Bitso, Cobinhood, bitFlyer, HitBTC, ChaoEX, BtcTrade.im, CoinFalcon, Bittrex, Bit-Z, BTCTurk, Gatecoin, Bitstamp, BTC Markets, Binance, COSS, Coinnest, Coinsquare, Upbit, DSX, Coinut, TOPBTC, Bitcoin Indonesia, BX Thailand, xBTCe, Allcoin, Tidebit, BigONE, WEX, Kucoin, Mr. Exchange, CoolCoin, Gemini, CoinEgg, Gatehub, Coinrail, Kraken, GOPAX, Coinone, Bitinka, QuadrigaCX, Huobi, EtherDelta, Bancor Network, Quoine, BitBay, Tidex, RightBTC, Bitbank and Koinex. It is not possible to buy Ethereum Classic directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Ethereum Classic must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Ethereum Classic using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for Ethereum Classic Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Ethereum Classic and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.