Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded down 6.1% against the U.S. dollar during the one day period ending at 16:00 PM ET on March 14th. Litecoin has a total market capitalization of $9.13 billion and $441.22 million worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. During the last seven days, Litecoin has traded 11.5% lower against the U.S. dollar. One Litecoin coin can now be purchased for approximately $164.15 or 0.01971010 BTC on exchanges including AEX, The Rock Trading, GDAX and Liqui.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Verge (XVG) traded down 11.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0324 or 0.00000389 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded down 9.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0036 or 0.00000043 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 6.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.34 or 0.00004114 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded down 16.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.39 or 0.00004735 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded down 13% against the dollar and now trades at $0.59 or 0.00007066 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded down 9.8% against the dollar and now trades at $1.37 or 0.00016497 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded 43.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.35 or 0.00004168 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded 8.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.42 or 0.00029103 BTC.
- Gulden (NLG) traded down 6.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0962 or 0.00001155 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded 8.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0849 or 0.00001020 BTC.
Litecoin Coin Profile
Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Scrypt hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was October 8th, 2011. Litecoin’s total supply is 55,628,181 coins. The official message board for Litecoin is litecointalk.io. The Reddit community for Litecoin is /r/litecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Litecoin’s official Twitter account is @LitecoinProject and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official website for Litecoin is litecoin.com.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Buying and Selling Litecoin
Litecoin can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Coinroom, Mercado Bitcoin, EXX, Braziliex, Coinhouse, SouthXchange, Bithumb, Stocks.Exchange, Koinim, OpenLedger DEX, Gatecoin, BigONE, Upbit, OkCoin Intl., BitFlip, BTC Markets, LocalTrade, AEX, Bitsane, NIX-E, Bits Blockchain, Dgtmarket, Allcoin, BTC Trade UA, CoinExchange, Coinone, Tidex, Tripe Dice Exchange, BX Thailand, Binance, The Rock Trading, Bitstamp, OKCoin.cn, BtcTrade.im, Bit2C, BitBay, Huobi, Bleutrade, xBTCe, YoBit, TDAX, ChaoEX, BitKonan, Mercatox, Koineks, Cryptopia, OKEx, CoinsBank, Bittrex, Bibox, Kucoin, Cryptox, Abucoins, LiteBit.eu, Altcoin Trader, HitBTC, Cryptomate, Bittylicious, Coinbene, VirtacoinWorld, Bisq, Qryptos, C-CEX, Bitlish, DSX, BitMarket, GOPAX, Bitmaszyna, CoinFalcon, ZB.COM, Coinut, Livecoin, CoinEgg, BitGrail, Kraken, Bitfinex, Koinex, Bit-Z, Exrates, TOPBTC, Coinsquare, Bitinka, BCEX, CoinEx, RippleFox, QuadrigaCX, WEX, BITHOLIC, Poloniex, Trade Satoshi, FreiExchange, Exmo, GDAX, Coingi, Waves Decentralized Exchange, BTC-Alpha, RightBTC, Bitbank, Gate.io, COSS, Negocie Coins, Tux Exchange, CryptoBridge, Coinrail, Mr. Exchange, CoolCoin, Bitcoin Indonesia, Liqui and Bitso. Investors seeking to trade Litecoin using U.S. dollars directly can do so using GDAX, Gemini or Changelly.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.