Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded 0.7% lower against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 0:00 AM Eastern on February 19th. Litecoin has a total market capitalization of $9.85 billion and approximately $458.21 million worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Litecoin coin can now be bought for approximately $177.05 or 0.01911370 BTC on exchanges including Tripe Dice Exchange, Bittylicious, Dgtmarket and Tux Exchange. During the last week, Litecoin has traded down 9.5% against the U.S. dollar.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Verge (XVG) traded 0.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0374 or 0.00000404 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded down 0.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0040 or 0.00000043 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 5.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.39 or 0.00004205 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 2.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.49 or 0.00005253 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded up 3.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.70 or 0.00007527 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded 3.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.56 or 0.00016877 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded up 77.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.38 or 0.00004100 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded down 0% against the dollar and now trades at $2.71 or 0.00029291 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded down 0.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0935 or 0.00001009 BTC.
- Gulden (NLG) traded 1.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.10 or 0.00001115 BTC.
Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Scrypt hashing algorithm. It launched on October 8th, 2011. Litecoin’s total supply is 55,618,831 coins. The Reddit community for Litecoin is /r/litecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official website for Litecoin is litecoin.com. Litecoin’s official message board is litecointalk.io. Litecoin’s official Twitter account is @LitecoinProject and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Buying and Selling Litecoin
Litecoin can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: BITHOLIC, Bitlish, Bits Blockchain, QuadrigaCX, Exmo, Mercatox, RightBTC, Bittylicious, Bitinka, BTC-Alpha, Bit-Z, NIX-E, Qryptos, Upbit, Bitbank, Dgtmarket, Bittrex, C-CEX, BitKonan, EXX, Bitfinex, Liqui, BtcTrade.im, Bitso, SouthXchange, BTC Markets, OkCoin Intl., BX Thailand, Poloniex, Koinex, Mr. Exchange, TDAX, CoinEx, Tidex, Allcoin, ZB.COM, Waves Decentralized Exchange, FreiExchange, Kraken, GDAX, Bit2C, OKEx, Mercado Bitcoin, Livecoin, Cryptomate, Braziliex, Tux Exchange, AEX, CoinExchange, xBTCe, Coinut, Bitmaszyna, BitBay, Bitsane, WEX, Binance, Cryptopia, CoinFalcon, OKCoin.cn, COSS, Koineks, Bithumb, Negocie Coins, HitBTC, Coinhouse, DSX, LocalTrade, RippleFox, Exrates, BitGrail, CoinEgg, Bisq, Coinrail, YoBit, Huobi, Coinone, BigONE, CryptoBridge, Coinbene, Trade Satoshi, GOPAX, LiteBit.eu, CoinsBank, BitFlip, TOPBTC, Abucoins, Tripe Dice Exchange, OpenLedger DEX, The Rock Trading, Coingi, Koinim, Coinroom, Gatecoin, BCEX, Altcoin Trader, Coinsquare, ChaoEX, Kucoin, Bitstamp, BTC Trade UA, Bitcoin Indonesia, Bibox, Cryptox, Bleutrade, Gate.io, BitMarket, Stocks.Exchange, VirtacoinWorld and CoolCoin. Investors seeking to trade Litecoin using U.S. dollars directly can do so using Changelly, GDAX or Coinbase.
Receive News & Ratings for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Litecoin and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.