MonaCoin (CURRENCY:MONA) traded 4.2% lower against the US dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 16:00 PM Eastern on March 7th. MonaCoin has a market capitalization of $233.35 million and approximately $2.16 million worth of MonaCoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One MonaCoin coin can now be purchased for about $4.02 or 0.00048254 BTC on exchanges including Livecoin, Bleutrade, CryptoBridge and Zaif. During the last week, MonaCoin has traded down 10.3% against the US dollar.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 8.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $8,390.01 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded down 9.4% against the dollar and now trades at $621.38 or 0.07460930 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 9.3% against the dollar and now trades at $966.54 or 0.11605300 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 6.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $164.15 or 0.01971010 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 12.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $216.92 or 0.02604540 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded up 32.3% against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded down 12.9% against the dollar and now trades at $17.28 or 0.00207452 BTC.
- Nano (NANO) traded down 13.5% against the dollar and now trades at $9.44 or 0.00113401 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 10% lower against the dollar and now trades at $70.72 or 0.00849176 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded down 8.9% against the dollar and now trades at $257.32 or 0.03089630 BTC.
MonaCoin (MONA) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Lyra2RE hashing algorithm. It was first traded on January 1st, 2014. MonaCoin’s total supply is 58,064,400 coins. The Reddit community for MonaCoin is /r/monacoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official website for MonaCoin is monacoin.org. MonaCoin’s official Twitter account is @_monappy_ and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monacoin is a peer-to-peer payment network and digital currency based on an open source protocol. – scrypt – 1.5 minute block targets – subsidy halves in 1051k blocks (~3 years) – 105,120,000 total coins – 50 coins per block – DigiShield difficulty algorithm “
Buying and Selling MonaCoin
MonaCoin can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: CryptoBridge, Livecoin, Bitbank, Zaif, Bittrex, EXX, Fisco and Bleutrade. It is not possible to purchase MonaCoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade MonaCoin must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Gemini or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase MonaCoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for MonaCoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for MonaCoin and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.