Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded down 12.7% against the dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 20:00 PM Eastern on March 14th. Namecoin has a market cap of $24.88 million and $179,550.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. During the last week, Namecoin has traded 16.8% lower against the dollar. One Namecoin coin can now be purchased for about $1.69 or 0.00020929 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including Poloniex, Bleutrade, Cryptopia and Bittylicious.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded down 11.4% against the dollar and now trades at $8,210.22 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 12.6% against the dollar and now trades at $933.72 or 0.11441100 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 16% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.14 or 0.00026262 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded down 16.5% against the dollar and now trades at $13.78 or 0.00170830 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 14.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.66 or 0.00020602 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded down 11% against the dollar and now trades at $140.96 or 0.01747580 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded down 12.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00002750 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded 39% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.25 or 0.00003042 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded down 8.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.16 or 0.00001971 BTC.
- UnbreakableCoin (UNB) traded 17% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.90 or 0.00010972 BTC.
Namecoin Coin Profile
Namecoin is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the SHA-256 hashing algorithm. It was first traded on April 19th, 2011. Namecoin’s total supply is 14,736,400 coins. The Reddit community for Namecoin is /r/namecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Namecoin’s official Twitter account is @namecoin and its Facebook page is accessible here. Namecoin’s official website is www.namecoin.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “Namecoin s a cryptocurrency which also acts as an alternative, decentralized DNS, which would avoid domain name censorship by making a new top level domain outside of ICANN control. The coin is designed to halve every four years with the same cap limit as Bitcoin of 21,000,000. With the domain registry service a small number of NMC will be destroyed so after mining has finished there will still be a deflationary ellement in place. Namecoin was the first coin to switch to merged mining. “
Namecoin Coin Trading
Namecoin can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: WEX, Poloniex, Bittylicious, Cryptopia, BX Thailand, Livecoin, SouthXchange, Tux Exchange, Bleutrade, Altcoin Trader and YoBit. It is not possible to purchase Namecoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Namecoin must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, Coinbase or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Namecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.