Peercoin (CURRENCY:PPC) traded 13.1% lower against the US dollar during the 1-day period ending at 19:00 PM E.T. on March 14th. Peercoin has a total market capitalization of $46.44 million and $536,447.00 worth of Peercoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Peercoin coin can currently be purchased for $1.88 or 0.00022966 BTC on major exchanges including Bittrex, Coingi, Bleutrade and HitBTC. During the last seven days, Peercoin has traded 24.2% lower against the US dollar.
Here is how similar cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 10.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $8,287.05 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 11.2% against the dollar and now trades at $950.96 or 0.11564000 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded down 11.5% against the dollar and now trades at $2.19 or 0.00026651 BTC.
- Emercoin (EMC) traded down 12.2% against the dollar and now trades at $3.19 or 0.00038792 BTC.
- BitcoinDark (BTCD) traded down 8.3% against the dollar and now trades at $76.65 or 0.00934642 BTC.
- BitBean (BITB) traded 1.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0255 or 0.00000172 BTC.
- Experience Points (XP) traded 7.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0002 or 0.00000003 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 13.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $14.14 or 0.00172369 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded down 13.6% against the dollar and now trades at $1.67 or 0.00020315 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded 8.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $143.38 or 0.01748400 BTC.
Peercoin Coin Profile
Peercoin (CURRENCY:PPC) is a coin. It launched on August 20th, 2012. Peercoin’s total supply is 24,655,893 coins. The Reddit community for Peercoin is /r/peercoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Peercoin’s official website is www.peercoin.net. Peercoin’s official message board is talk.peercoin.net. Peercoin’s official Twitter account is @peercoinppc and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “A peer-to-peer crypto-currency design derived from Satoshi Nakamoto's Bitcoin. Proof-of-Stake replaces Proof-of-Work to provide most of the network security. Under this hybrid design proof-of-work mainly provides initial minting and is largely non-essential in the long run. Security level of the network is not highly enery dependent thus providing an energy efficient and more cost-competitive peer-to-peer crypto-currency. Proof-of-Stake is based on coin age and generated by each node via a hashing scheme bearing similarity to Bitcoins but over limited search space. Block chain history and transaction settlement are further protected by a centrally broadcasted checkpoint mechanism. “
Buying and Selling Peercoin
Peercoin can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Bittylicious, BX Thailand, Bittrex, Tux Exchange, LiteBit.eu, Bleutrade, WEX, HitBTC, OpenLedger DEX, Coingi, SouthXchange, Cryptopia, The Rock Trading, Livecoin, YoBit, Bit-Z and Poloniex. It is not possible to purchase Peercoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Peercoin must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Peercoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Peercoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Peercoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.