Ripple (CURRENCY:XRP) traded down 9% against the dollar during the 1 day period ending at 16:00 PM ET on March 7th. Ripple has a market capitalization of $27.88 billion and approximately $392.11 million worth of Ripple was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Ripple coin can now be purchased for $0.71 or 0.00008605 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Bitbank, Gatehub, Kraken and BitFlip. During the last seven days, Ripple has traded down 18.3% against the dollar.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Stellar (XLM) traded 10.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.25 or 0.00003067 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded down 13.5% against the dollar and now trades at $71.69 or 0.00865048 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded down 12.2% against the dollar and now trades at $1.15 or 0.00013832 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded up 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00012115 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded down 10.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0316 or 0.00000382 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded 6.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.92 or 0.00047310 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded down 8.4% against the dollar and now trades at $9.14 or 0.00110238 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded 15.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $16.15 or 0.00194827 BTC.
- Walton (WTC) traded up 7.9% against the dollar and now trades at $22.77 or 0.00246724 BTC.
- Maker (MKR) traded down 6% against the dollar and now trades at $752.67 or 0.09081770 BTC.
Ripple launched on February 2nd, 2013. Ripple’s total supply is 99,992,497,246 coins and its circulating supply is 39,091,716,516 coins. Ripple’s official website is ripple.com. The official message board for Ripple is www.xrpchat.com. Ripple’s official Twitter account is @Ripple and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Ripple is /r/ripple and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ripple positions itself as a complement to, rather than a competitor with, Bitcoin – the site has a page dedicated to Ripple for bitcoiners. Ripple is a distributed network which means transactions occur immediately across the network – and as it is peer to peer – the network is resilient to systemic risk. Ripples aren't mined – unlike bitcoin and its peers – but each transaction destroys a small amount of XRP which adds a deflationary measure into the system. There are 100 billion XRP at present.”
Buying and Selling Ripple
Ripple can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bitbank, BX Thailand, Bitfinex, Exmo, Bitso, Bits Blockchain, Poloniex, Cryptomate, Bithumb, Qryptos, Tripe Dice Exchange, Abucoins, Bittrex, Korbit, Gate.io, HitBTC, Bitstamp, Exrates, BCEX, ZB.COM, LiteBit.eu, Bitsane, Ripple China, AEX, Stellar Decentralized Exchange, Binance, Coinone, Upbit, RippleFox, Gatehub, Huobi, BitFlip, Coinbene, Altcoin Trader, Coinrail, The Rock Trading, Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway), Rippex, Koinex, CoinEgg, Bitinka, Kraken, Bitcoin Indonesia, CEX.IO, Mr. Exchange and BTC Markets. It is not currently possible to purchase Ripple directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Ripple must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Changelly or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Ripple using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for Ripple Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Ripple and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.